A perfect ten {Portland Children's Photographer}

Nate and I have 8 nieces and nephews (6 of whom live in Oregon). A few months back and had the brilliant idea to do a photo session with each of the local kids on their 10th birthday (double digits are a big deal!). Such a fun idea this year with my sweet niece Ellie. We will see how it goes with the next 3 (Luke, Drew, and Max- boys!).

portlandphotographertween7

portlandphotographertween6

Ellie and I were both excited and decided to surprise her mom. We headed out on our own and had to stop on the side of the road to get some "nature" shots. I love that this is right off a (semi) busy road and you would never guess! I also loved that Ellie was completely embarrassed as cars drove by but she was a complete natural (I think she'd been practicing in the mirror).

portlandphotographertween5

portlandphotographertween8

portlandphotographertween9

We wanted a variety of shots so we hit up a few different locations and brought plenty of clothes.

Some things you should know about Ellie:
- She an athlete.
- She is an amazing big sister to her 2 brothers and an even more fabulous babysitter to her cousin, Ben.
- She takes amazing pictures. I'm trying to talk her into being my assistant.
- She love Taylor Swift. She got to hear me sing a lot of Taylor songs during our session. I think she was embarrassed (check out the picture above on the right).
- She's stylish. I like to think she gets this trait from me. I like to give her fashion advice.

portlandphotographertween4

portlandphotographertween3

portlandphotographertween10

portlandphotographertween11

We witnessed plenty of interesting things on the east side (such as a bikini-clad woman bathing in the Willamette- so gross) so we decided to head back downtown and make use of all the crazy colors we found. Ellie really started letting loose here. All the rest of the poses were her ideas. I think I might have some competition in a few years!

portlandphotographertween2

portlandphotographertween12

portlandphotographertween1

Milestones are a great time to schedule a shoot for your children. It's also fun to focus on one kid alone and really spotlight his/her own style. We had so much fun and of course had to top the night off with some frozen yogurt. Shouldn't all photo shoots end that way?



To book a session with Lindsey, please email lindsey@lindseylyonsphotography.com.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...